Sunday, May 17, 2009

May angels guide you through this suckish movie..

Since Youtube hates me right now this is being posted ahead of schedule.


SPOILER ALERT: If you havn't seen this movie and still want to see it their will be spoilers.

When I heard that there was going to be a movie about the Dan Brown book Angels and Demons I flipped out. I love this book. Probably one of my favourite pieces of writing. Then I learned that Ron Howard was directing it. Oh boy... after his gigantic flop with Da Vinci Code I didn't have much hope. So I went to see this with little hope but praying I would be proved wrong. Unfortunatly I wasn't.

This movie was terrible. It is beyond me how you can take such an amazing piece of writing and end up with what I saw. Since it was a movie adaption I expected it to differ from the novel at places but the deviations from page to screen were unbeliveable. Not only were things out of order but they left no time for explanation so you were basically confused half the time, chunks of the book which i loved (Vittoria getting kidnapped, Langdon and the Hassain duking it out) were completly erased not to mention the entire character of Max Kohler who was essentail to the story. The relationship between Vittoria and Robert was a partnership at best and one of the prefarati actually survived! That NEVER HAPPENED!

Acting was okay. I still dont really like Tom Hanks and I didn't see enough Ayelet Zurer to really make a judgement. Ewan McGregor made the difference without him I would have walked out. Well done sir. There is no one else to really talk about... The Hassain had like 10 lines and... yea thats about it.

I could go on and on about the mistakes of this movie but frankly there too numerous. Instead let me say I acutally prefer The Da Vinci Code to this. Where the Da Vinci code lacked in action at least it had plenty of history so you weren't sitting there confused the entire time. Also, The Da Vinci Code was pretty blatent as to what Dan Brown wrote. However contraversal it was. I felt like Angels and Demons was changed in order to make the church look good. In the book I got the sense that while the church thought what they were doing was good they were the bad ones.

And with that I end this review

I give angels and demons 4 out of 10.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment